Skip to main content
- OPAL bibliographic records will be added and maintained in accordance with the following general principles:
- National cataloging standards will be maintained. See Appendix A. For exceptions to national cataloging standards, See Appendix K.
- OPAL bibliographic records will be shared by the consortium and should contain minimal local information. See Explanation.
- Duplicate records should be avoided.
- OPAL authority records are shared and maintained by the system administrators and Library Technologies, Inc.
- Libraries must search OPAL first to determine if a bibliographic record exists for an item before exporting records.
- All bibliographic records must have at least an attached checkin, item, or order record.